Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wow, Busy

Who would have thought that being in the Army, I would be busy.

This week, my Battalion has been preparing to go to the field on our first field training exercise since I've joined the unit. Lucky me, I get to be a driver on the first convoy I will ever participate in. I am the driver of my shop's (S-3) M1078 LMTV. I'm still waiting to find out if I will be towing a trailer with it, because it depends on the time you ask and whom you ask on if I am towing something. We leave for the field in five days and my truck is loaded up for the most part. So I just have to help others in my shop with loading their vehicles. I'm not worried about the field because I have pretty much a full time job out there. My roommate and I our the only CPOF operators other than our OIC who is going to be the Battle Captain.

Back to the convoy issue at hand. Monday, my truck was finally fixed completely for the first time since it was turned over to me two months ago. It's amazing what a time crunch and several E-7's and up chewing people out can accomplish. It took damn near two hours but the final thing wrong with my truck, a broken door latch was fixed. Tuesday, we had a battalion Convoy Brief for drivers and TC's. The route doesn't seem that complicated and I'm one of the last vehicles in my convoy anyways. I'm truck 11 of 14. It's just a giant game of follow the leader for me. Today, my roommate and I were the shop drivers and we topped off all the fuel tanks for our shops four trucks and two generator trailers. My shop should have all our trucks packed by the end of work tomorrow, minus sensitive items.

Time to log off. Have to start changing my sleep schedule so I'm not asleep when we roll out.

No comments: