Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day

Here I go again... But this time I think I mean it. I'm going to try and start posting again. My goal for right now is one post a week. We'll see how it goes if I can keep that up.

I got to do something for the first time on my day off for Labor Day out here. Myself and some guys from work along with some other people from USAG-Humphreys went "white water rafting." It was a lot of fun but it wasn't anything what I really expected. The rapids never got above a class 1. It was mainly just a short trip down a river just to screw around. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about screwing around. There were 14 of us plus three people from MWR(Morale, Welfare, & Recreation) who went on the trip.

We were split up into two rafts and the first half mile was a split between learning to paddle the raft and using the paddles to splash the other raft. The guide on my raft made everybody jump out of the raft in that first half mile. I still don't think there was any real reason for it. On a few more occasions, we abandon ship just because or to srew with the other raft. About half way through our trek, we beached the rafts and had a little more fun. We fliped one of the rafts over and set it on the other one to have a makeshift slip-and-slide.

Once we got back on the rafts, we hit some rougher rapids, still class 1. All and all, it was a fun trip. MWR says they are going to try to schedule another trip that will at least have some class 2 rapids.

Out for now... It's later than I thought it was.

No comments: